Unity Mode enables you to display applications from a virtual machine directly on the host system desktop. You can access the VM’s Start and Applications menus from the host system while the virtual machine console view is hidden. Items for open virtual machine applications are displayed on the host system taskbar in the same way as open host applications.
Unity Mode has the following requirements:
• virtual machine must be powered on.
• virtual machine must be a Player 3.x or later virtual machine.
• VMware Tools must be installed.
• the guest OS must be Linux or Windows 2000 or later.
• Linux guests and hosts must have a recent version of Metacity or KDE installed.