Copy and Paste
You can cut, copy, and paste text, images, email attachments and other types of files between applications running on the host system and applications running in a virtual machine.
The Copy and Paste feature has the following requirements:
• VMware Tools must be installed in a virtual machine.
• this feature works only with Linux and Windows host systems and Linux, Windows, and Solaris 10 guests.
• Linux hosts and guests must run X-Windows. Solaris 10 guests must run run an Xorg server and JDS/Gnome.
• you can only copy email attachments smaller than 4MB.
• you can only copy Unicode text smaller than 4MB.
You can use the usual hot keys or menu choices to cut, copy and paste. For example, here is how I can copy a file from the host system and paste it into the guest OS:
1. First, I will copy a file from the desktop of the host operating system:
2. Next, I can paste this file on the desktop of the guest operating system:
3. The file has been copied to the guest OS: