Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC) requirements
Before enabling EVC for a cluster, the following requirements must be met:
- EVC only works with different CPUs in the same family, for example with different AMD Operon families. Mixing AMD and Intel processors is not allowed.
- for Intel CPUs, use the CPUs with Core 2 micro architecture and newer. For AMD CPUs, use first-generation Opteron CPUs and newer.
- enable hardware virtualization on all hosts.
- enable AMD No eXecute (NX) or Intel eXecute Disable (XD) technology on all hosts.
- configure vMotion networking for all hosts.
- vCenter Server must be used to manage the cluster.
- use ESX/ESXi 3.5 update 2 or newer on all hosts.