vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) requirements
Before using vSphere DRS, the following requirements must be met:
- vCenter Server needs to be installed.
- CPUs in ESXi hosts must be compatible.
- to use DRS for load balancing, hosts in the DRS cluster must be part of a vMotion migration network.
- all hosts should use shared storage, with volumes accessible by all hosts.
- shared storage needs to be large enough to store all virtual disks for the VM.
- DRS works best if the VMs meet vSphere vMotion requirements, listed here.