Log levels in vCenter Server
It is possible to control the quantity and type of information being logged by vCenter Server. By default, the information level is used. You might want to increase the log level when troubleshooting your system or working with VMware Support. The available log levels are:
- none – used to turn off logging.
- error – used to display only error log entries.
- warning – used to display only error and warning log entries.
- information – used to display information, error, and warning log entries.
- verbose – used to display information, error, warning, and verbose log entries.
- trivia – used to display information, error, warning, verbose, and trivia log entries.
You can change the log level using vSphere Web Client. Here are the steps:
1. Select your vCenter Server from the inventory and go to Manage > Settings > General. On the General tab, click the Edit button:
2. The Edit vCenter Server Settings window opens. Select Logging settings on the left and choose the new log level:
3. The change takes effect immediately. No restart of vCenter Server is required.