Reports in Spunk are created when you save a search (or a pivot) that you would like to run in the future. Once a report has been created, you can use it for the following purposes:
- run the report on an ad-hoc basis to review the results it returns.
- schedule the report so that it runs on a regular interval.
- modify the report permissions and share it with other Splunk users.
- embed scheduled reports in external websites.
- add the report to a dashboard.
Reports can be created in four ways:
- from the Search app, by saving your search as a report.
- from Pivot, by saving the pivot as a report.
- by navigating to Settings > Searches and reports and clicking New.
- from a dashboard, by converting an inline-search-powered dashboard panel to a report.