VMware Player includes a feature called Easy Install for automating the guest operating system installation. When the New Virtual Machine wizard detects an operating system that supports this feature, it prompts you for information about the guest operating system, such as the product key, username, and password. After the virtual machine is created, the guest operating system installation is automated. After the guest OS is installed, Easy Install will also install VMware Tools.
Here is how you can install the guest OS using Easy Install:
1. Create a new virtual machine in VMware Player by using the New Virtual Machine wizard. To start the wizard, go to Player > File > New Virtual Machine:
2. Select the Installer disc image file (iso) option and browse to the location of the ISO file. Note that VMware Player has recognized the OS version and that Easy Install will be used for the guest OS installation:
3. Provide the Easy Install information for the guest operating system.
4. Type the virtual machine name and choose the installation location:
5. Select the virtual disk size. You can split the virtual disk into multiple files, which makes it easier to move the virtual machine to another computer:
6. Click Finish:
7. The guest operating system installation begins when the virtual machine powers on. The installation is automated and should finish without your intervention. Easy Install will also install VMware Tools.