You need to know the main terms related to MySQL and databases in general:
- Database – a container for a collection of MySQL data.
- Table – a subcontainer within a database that stores the actual data.
- Column – a name of a field within a row.
- Row – a single record within a table.
- Primary key – a key that uniquely identifies each record in a database table.
- Foreign key – a key in one table that points to a Primary key in another table.
- Index – a special lookup table that the database search engine use to speed up data retrieval.