Python is a general-purpose, high-level programming language that was designed emphasize code readability, developer productivity and program portability. Python can be used to write software in a wide variety of application domains (e.g. web applications, GUI desktop applications, scientific and numeric applications), and uses natural language elements and automates certain areas of computing systems to make the process of developing a program simple and fast. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and many other operating systems.
Python uses natural language elements and automates certain areas of computing systems to make the process of developing a program simple and fast. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and many other operating systems.
Python is a great programming language for beginners. Because it was designed with code readability in mind, it is an excellent choice for newcomers in the world of programming. Here is a list of its major advantages over other programming languages:
- less application development time – Python code is usually one-third to one-fifth the size of equivalent C++ or Java code.
- code readability – Python code is easy to read, which means you spend less time interpreting it and more time making essential changes.
- cost – Python is completely free to use and distribute. You can even download the entire Python system’s source code for free.
- easy to learn – because of its simplicity and frequent usage of English keywords in the code, Python has become one of the most popular languages for teaching introductory computer science courses.
- wide user base – Python is used in a number of successful products. For example, most of YouTube’s core functionality is written in Python and Google uses Python in its search system.
- high salary – Python programmers have one of the highest average salaries in the US.
Python was created by a Dutch computer programmer Guido von Rossum in 1990. It has since been developed by a large team of volunteers from around the world and is available for download for free. The most recent version of Python (as of January, 2022) is 3.10.