Python is a general-purpose, high-level programming language that was designed emphasize code readability, developer productivity and program portability. Python can be used to write software in a wide variety of application domains, and uses natural language elements and automates certain areas of computing systems to make the process of developing a program simple and fast. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and many other operating systems.
Python is a great programming language for beginners. Because It was designed with code readability in mind, it is an excellent choice for beginners. Here is a list of Python major advantages over other programming languages:
- less application development time – Python code is usually one-third to one-fifth the size of equivalent C++ or Java code.
- code readability – Python code is easy to read, which means you spend less time interpreting it and more time making essential changes.
- cost – Python is completely free to use and distribute. You can download the entire Python system’s source code for free.
- easy to learn – because of its simplicity and frequent usage of English keywords in the code, Python has become one of the most popular languages for teaching introductory computer science courses.
- wide user base – Python is used in a number of successful products. For example, most of YouTube’s core functionality is written in Python and Google uses Python in its search system.
- high salary – Python programmers have one of the highest average salaries in the US.